Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Super 8 to PC ???

  1. #1
    Inactive Member swc's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 24th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,
    I'm seeking info on a method to convert super 8 to digital ie. a way to get super 8 film onto a PC/mac to edit in a program like Adobe premiere of Final Cut pro ??? Any suggestions ?

    Thanks,
    Stuart

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Carlos8's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Stu,
    You can visit my Web Page in the Super 8 Directory.There you'll find an efficient system to transfer Super 8 to PC.

    Here is my page: http://www.Super8mmDirectory.com/Sup...os_Puente.html

    Hope this helps you,
    Carlos.


  3. #3
    Inactive Member mercerscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2001
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I used a DV camera to film a Super8 projection, then firewired it to Hard Drive. Initially I did this just to fool around with the editing software, assuming that the quality wouldn't be so good, however, when I played it back, I found the image pretty spectacular.

    The main problems you will run into is your computers ability to capture a high data rate, and its ability to playback the data rate at a sufficient speed in editing mode, as well as when you output back to the DV. FYI: when outputting to DV, you can record it at the same time to video.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member tom hardwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 1999
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you're in Aussie Stewart then you're lucky, you're living in 50Hz PAL land. As such you'll find that Super8 transfers beautifully to DV tape.

    I project the movie film onto a small white screen - A4 size. I refilm this image using my 3 chip DV camera and send the image straight to my PC, and from there into Premiere. Then of course you can edit, soundtrack and improve to your heart's delight. People have been mighily impressed with my transfers, so go fo it.

    tom.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •